Monday, May 11, 2009

Mind Your Manners

A few days ago:
I'm sitting in the back of the bus on the ride home from school and I'm tired and spacing off. I'm in the midst of my spacing when I realize that I have coincidentally met eyes with this guy walking up the stairs towards the upper level of the bus, who I realize a second later has just finished saying: "What the f*** are you starring at you motherf***in' c**t!"
At this point I am not really interested in trying to talk to this guy so I just smile at him and drift my head over to the window. He goes and sits down and his friend sits down with him. They talk about some different parties they are going to attend, and in a about 3 or 4 minutes I am at my and it's time to get off.

Today I am thinking about this - because I replay all awkward moments from my life at least a hundred times each - and I am wondering why this guy was so mad about my unbecoming manners. I mean, I know it's not polite to stare but at what point do you just let the half asleep guy with silly hair just be a little weird and zoned out.
Also, I noticed that if you take all the other things I noticed about this guy in our 3 minutes of knowing eachother, he sounds just like an old-thyme aristocrat. Which was funny to me.


Attends lots of Parties


Conspicuous Jewelry

Carefully Refined Stride

Carefully Groomed Hair

Guy on Bus

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Aristocrats

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes


I am gonna have to find him again to collect more data.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh I like this!

BriKi said...

same here, i especially like the chart at the end. please follow it up?
I can has moar?