Friday, March 20, 2009

Salon

My mom and I are organizing a get together at our home in Spokane where Kevin Long and I will be showing some of our work and then talking about it afterward. Kevin is planing to perform about four songs for acoustic guitar and voice and I am very much looking forward to hearing him because he is an excellent song writer. I also have a number of songs for guitar and voice I could play but I've been trying to think of as many other types of things that I could show instead. Not that I don't like my guitar songs, just that it might be nice to have a bit of a wider range of variety.

I have a neat computer music piece I made this quarter that I can play but other than that nothing really comes to mind. So I think I will need to write or find something to practice to show at the event.

If I am going to write something I need to first figure out what it is that I want the people there to be thinking about and helping me with or what I would like to show them that I already feel I understand. I am trying to work hard at this because I want everyone to have a really excellent time so that they will want it to happen again. Finding a place where people are listening to what you are performing and willing to ask questions is difficult and I want this thing to be one of those places.

Perhaps I could call around and see if someone would like to come and read some poetry...

okay, well it is late. Much love.

No comments: