Monday, March 2, 2009

Talks:

Over the last couple of days I have enjoyed these talks.
Neil deGrasse Tyson is funny but I think I would hate to hang out with him. On the other hand i am fairly sure I could go camping with Richard Dawkins.
For some reason this talk is called "an atheist's call to arms". It's actual title is "queerer then we suppose" and is about the ability of our brain to understand things on levels of magnitude on the atomic scale and on the universal scale. It is very nice.



This one is just nice because it is quick and rational.





What I have been interested in is that despite these arguments these ideas still stick around. It is very interesting.

1 comment:

Star said...

richard dawkins camping trip! i am so there! it'd be like bret but more sophisticated and less excitable.